Friday, June 1, 2012

memorial day weekend

Last weekend we drove over to Grand Coulee to spend the weekend to celebrate both Richard and his dad's birthdays with Melissa and Elton. It was a great weekend to get away, be out in the sun, relax, BBQ delicious meals, go for a long run along Banks lake, fish and enjoy family time :)  I got to see the Grand Coulee Dam for the first time, it's amazing! Melissa, Elton, Richard and I saw the lazer light show there on Sunday night (the same one that Melissa and Richard saw once when they were younger on a family trip) and on Monday on our way back to Leavenworth to visit Richard's mom for a birthday lunch we spent the afternoon fishing for Richard's birthday along Bank's lake.  It was a wonderful weekend spent all together!

Grand Coulee Dam


these little guys live in the rocks by the dam, they were all over.



Luxury camping in Richard's dad's trailer!


master bedroom

8 mile training run along Banks lake. Gorgeous sunny day and perfect trail along the water.

taking a stretch break

bull snake slithering across the trail that richard spotted, not big deal.


While walking I saw a dead snake along the side of the road and I thought it was a rattle snake, but was really a bull snake (tho I didn't know at the time it was dead) I didn't see it and almost stepped on it. Frantically I sprinted over to Richard (after I just ran 8 miles I don't know how I had the energy, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw it, largest snake I've ever seen!) and envisioned the snake biting me my whole sprint down the road. We went back later to see if it was still there and got this picture.  When I found out it was dead I felt a little better.  Now it is a funny story to share, but during the moment not so much!

lazer light show-mister elton and uncle buck






nap time





group pic











sisters!



cute mother son pic :)






No comments:

Post a Comment