Friday, December 21, 2012

fence project....complete!

Last month Richard and I finally completed our fence project that we started in May over Memorial Day Weekend!  Hooray!! Its was a long 6 months, almost every weekend of our summer was dedicated to the project, and because I was in the first trimester and wasn't feeling too great for the first few months, Richard pretty much did most of it (with occasional help from Matt, Jessy and my dad) We finished just in time building the fence before all the rain hit, minus a few weekends where we were out there in the pouring rain, no fun.  Will be so nice this spring to enjoy our new patio furniture, the patio and have people over to celebrate the completion of what ended up being a huge project! Here are some pictures that we documented...it's quite a transformation before and after.  I'm so proud of Richard and all his hard work and determination, and still can't believe he taught himself on youtube how to do some of this.  It looks professional! Way to go Richard you are one of the most hardworking and dedicated people I know!!!!


bushes taking over our yard



cutting down and wood chipping the dreadful laurel bushes.


before you could barely notice the tree to the left of the house with the overgrown bushes covering it.  So much more natural light now let into the kitchen, it's great.




the start of the retaining wall


prepping the dirt for the pavers

leveling out the dirt. this part was really difficult!

patio complete!


starting the fence


finished product!

I think we only got to sit in our patio furniture a handful of times. Looking forward to spring time where we can relax and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment