Saturday, April 23, 2011

taking advantage of a sunny day

Today was 68 degrees in Seattle! Unheard of with all this rain right? So to take advantage of this on a Saturday Richard and I went hiking with Lauren and Jim up Mt. Si and all our dogs! It was definitely a challenging hike, especially since the last mile was all snow and Richard and I were slipping and sliding in our running shoes with absolutely no traction. Lauren and Jim were smarter and wore their snow shoes/hiking shoes.  But it was worth it when we got to the top.  Nothing can beat a gorgeous clear sunny blue skies kinda day.  On the way down I took a bit of a spill on my butt for a few feet, only in front of about 10 people...no big deal haha! Lauren and I were dying laughing. Roxy is getting better and better at hikes and still came home with a ton of energy, while Richard and I were so tired and sore. Looking forward to doing more hikes and trying some new ones this summer!











1 comment: