Friday, December 30, 2011

it's been a busy christmas vacation!

When I returned home from Leavenworth, I came home to a very sick little dog. I thought maybe Roxy just got into something and had an upset stomach, but then towards the evening she wasn't moving out of her bed, didn't want to eat her food or even have a treat (very unusual behavior, because she loves her food/treats!) so I decided to take her to the vet to get her checked out. Turns out she had a ruptured gallbladder and needed emergency surgery! Poor Roxy! The vet wasn't sure why this happened...sometimes dogs have medical needs just like humans do.  Richard rushed home from Leavenworth and we took her the next morning to the hospital. We got a call last night from the surgeon and she is recovering well and will be able to leave the hospital in a few days. Whew, what a scary, emotional and stressful week off work! So glad she is ok, now to just figure out all the medical bills. I really wish we signed up for pet insurance, but we had no idea this would happen and Roxy has always been such a healthy dog, we didn't think to. One advice I have for pet owners is get pet insurance, you never know what type of surprise surgery you pet may randomly need!  Thanks you family and friends for all the love and support during this stressful week!  Can't wait to see you in a few days Roxy! :D
Poor little Roxy, this is day 1 after the first vet appt. We took her to emergency surgery the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment