On Saturday night I hosted a 60th birthday party for Mom and Dad at their house. Mom and I have been planning this party all summer and it turned out to be a great success...about 60 people attended too-coincidence! Mom turned 60 back in January and Dad in March, but they were out of town traveling during these months so it was also a great reason to have friends over to their house for a summer party. We were so lucky with the weather....it was in the upper 70s all day and we even got a gorgeous sunset. So many family friends attended, some that we hadn't seen for quite some time and was great to reconnect. We had appetizers made by mom and dad's friend Susan, a delicious opera cake from mom and dad's favorite french bakery Il Fornia, and I was so lucky to have Jim and Richard bartend the whole evening while Katy, Lauren and I assisted Susan with the food and preparations. What a great way to ring in 60...the "new 40" as mom and dad's friends at the party kept reminding me :)


the bartenders!
A few pictures from when mom and dad were students and newly weds
singing happy birthday to the birthday couple
lauren's mom and mom with the son in laws
this little boy was SO adorable. he was singing a song to mom here in this picture, it was very touching
Mom and Dad's friend Susan (also a caterer) who made all the delicious appetizers.
past and present family photo
No comments:
Post a Comment