Monday, April 30, 2012

Running and Rock and Roll

Richard and I made a last minute decision this past weekend and signed up for the rock and roll 1/2 marathon Here. Our main incentive: to force us to be more active and exercise (with starting the new job and Richard being busy with work deadlines, we both haven't been the best at hitting gym) and to eat healthy before summer time rolls around the corner.  Richard put together a 2 month training program for us before the big race day June 23rd filled a balance of cross training workouts and our running schedule.  We are also trying out the Paleo diet again,  this time actually following it more stictly, which means lots of healthy recipes-vegetables, protein, nuts, fruits and no dairy with the exception of eggs.  So far it's only been day 2 and I'm already craving pasta, bread, pastries, and vanilla lattes.  Luckily we are allowing ourselves one cheat day per week to splurge, other wise I don't know how we'd get through the week without some indulgences!


No comments:

Post a Comment