Monday, February 7, 2011

Cooking and more cooking!

Richard and I have had a lot of fun cooking recipes from this new cookbook, consisting of all Paleo diet recipes called the Primal Blueprint Cookbook  That means no dairy, flour, wheat, sugar....mainly fruits, nuts, veggies and meat.  Some of the recipes we have cooked are 5 spicy star beef and broccoli stir fry, ahi tuna and avacado salad on greens, coconut pancakes (these are the only ones we really didn't like, substitute flour for coconut flour and they tasted very chalky, yuck), pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, walnut nutty brownies, granola consisting of all nuts and coconut flakes and jimbalaya. All of them have been delicious for the most part and it's been fun cooking together and learning new recipes.

 Granola

 Walnut Brownies(They turned out really black for some reason, I think I used too much cocoa powder)

Ahi Poke tuna salad with red onion, avacado, cilantro and lemon/lime juice. One of my favorite dishes!

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins (one of our favorites as well!)



No comments:

Post a Comment