Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's ok to pretend to be a kid sometimes

This weekend Richard and I went to the Great Wolf Lodge. Richard got me a gift card for my christmas present this year and it couldn't have come at a better time to spend a relaxing weekend there. The whole place looked like a lodge, with lots of animals every where, and wooden log beams. Even the names like Critters Restaurant, Bear Paws Sweets, Kids Cabin,  Family Den, etc etc all came with a good theme name.  We watched movies, went on the water slides, went wine tasting a few miles out nearby and ate a lot of tasty food and desserts.  When I made our reservations a few weeks back, the lady on the phone asked, "How many in your family?" Haha nope just the two of us. The place was crawling with kids!  The last night we ordered take out pizza from the lobby restaurant and as I was walking back to our room with a huge pizza box and a 2 liter bottle of soda, balancing 2 cups of ice on the pizza box... I thought for sure a kid was going to run into me and then I would drop our dinner all over the place. Luckily I survived. We did feel a little out of place not having any youngsters running around with us or waiting in line for the water slides with all the elementary school kids, but it'll be a fun place to come back later when we do have kids...we'll definitely be back!

Just getting back from the Bear Paws Sweets store. Black cherry ice cream cone and an everything brownie. Just a little snack!

These light lined all the hallways, I loved them.


Wine we brought back from wine tasting.

Richard found some new beer at the winery called, "Dick's IPA" so we had to buy it. He also bought a home beer brewing kit...should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment