Friday, September 9, 2011

weekend get away at the yurt!

This Labor day weekend was a great one and just want we needed some R & R (rest and relaxation!) We left for Leavenworth for the long weekend and headed up to Richard's dad yurt where Richard, his dad Dick, Elton (Melissa's son and our nephew) stayed 2 nights up in the beautiful wilderness off Icicle Road in Leavenworth. Maybe I sound cheesy, but every time we go to Leavenworth, I just love the feeling of complete peace and serenity there. Probably being the city girl voice inside me speaking, because I've always grown up in the Seattle area. But seriously, Leavenworth is so beautiful, no matter what season we visit. I feel so fortunate Richard's family lives over there so we have many opportunities and reasons to visit. Below are pictures from our nice relaxing getaway weekend. All we did pretty much was eat a lot of delicious food, read, sleep, chat, and sit and relax, minus Elton the busy bee three year old who kept us highly entertained with his on the move playing :)














On the way out of Leavenworth we stopped by quickly to say hi to Autumn (Danyl, Richard's childhood friend and best man from the wedding) It was so great to see her. She's due in November and it's a girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment